Without overcomplicating things:
What’s in a name?
As the name of this website (and many of my social media handles), savagezen, implies, I consider myself a member of the tribe of warrior poets who hold a space in their heart and mind for both wise, gratious, loving-kindness and preparedness for violent chaos. Humans have a brilliant capacity for both insidious horror and breath-taking wonder. Life and living are about adaptation not sustained equilibrium or the perception of “balance.”
- A licensed professional counselor (LPC) and have been practicing since 2015. You can learn more about my professional life on LinkedIn. Much of my work as a graduate student has been published on this site as well (see Essays category or psychology tag).
- A certified nutrition coach (PN1) with precision nutrition.
- A carnivore (since February 2020) and strong supporer of ancestral health animal-based nutrition.
- A competiive Jiu Jitsu player (currently Purple Belt). I have also competed in boxing and MMA.
- A retired climber. I have bouldered up to V6/7 and traditional climbed upt o 5.10b/c.
- A (working) dog lover.
- An adamant supporter of regenerative agriculture.
- I have written a few e-books centered around 30-day nutrition / mental health / fitness challenges.
- I publish much of the literature supporting my lifestyle and way of eating on Twitter.
- All of my screenshots, labs, data, and graphs are publicly available on:
- I have complied a “short” list of reference guides: